Hello manga lover !
What unifies us anime/manga fans, and the Otaku community in general is the fact that we like to be in awe in front of the great action-packed scenes, jaw-dropping moments, discussions as to which segment or episode moved the fans most to their core and lastly, scenarios and arguments as to which character will win against which.
In today’s post, we’ll put our golden poster boy, Luffy against the entirety of the Naruto Verse!
We will see how the battle between Luffy in his Gear 5 form against the strongest shinobi from the Naruto verse will turn out to be!
As usual, I will be your humble guide in this post through the end! I’ve been watching One Piece since 2008 and I’m really excited to talk about it with you all! I hope you’ll enjoy this article!
How Strong is Gear 5 Luffy?
Before we send off our future King of the Pirates to the Ninja World, let’s evaluate his capabilities. A summary of sorts that would make him the great combatant we all know and love.
I know, it’s not necessary. But it would serve as a refresher as to why we adore him so much and the reasons for sending goosebumps down our skin!
Following this categorization, we will have:
What assets does Gear 5 Luffy have?
We’ll start off with the first thing on our list and that’s:
If you’re up to date with the manga, you must know by now that Luffy is one of the Four Emperors of the Sea. That takes a lot of Strength to reach that position and it’s a sure as hell fact that Luffy is one of the strongest characters in his universe.
Keeping up with the likes of Big Mom, Doflamingo, The Three Admirals, Crocodile, Enel and Kaidou, he makes for a formidable foe with considerable strength.
Remember that time when Zoro took in all of Luffy’s injuries from Kuma and the amount of pain our beloved swordsman went through was too much for us to watch?
Amplify that to 10 or 20 times and that’s what Luffy goes through in his encounters with the big foes mentioned above. Taking damages from the Awakened form of Katakuri would be the death of any normal fighter; but not our Luffy, our boy always gets back up!
Hey, if Luffy’s anything, he’s fast as hell and you can bet on it. Blitzing Katakuri in his Base and Awakened forms, Doflamingo of all people, Kizaru the fast-as-light Admiral, Kuma’s beams and Kaido’s Destroyer of Death Thunder Bagua of all things, he can give Sonic a good run for his money.
The only weapon that Luffy has is his four limbs i.e. his two feet and two fists!
Mind you, his fists are Rated E for Everyone. A simple punch from him can blow people away. Imagine a Haki-coated punch with the recoil from his devil fruit’s elasticity. THAT would hurt.
As mentioned above, Luffy is one of the select few to have mastered the Basic and Advanced forms of Observation, Armament and Conqueror’s Haki. The last one is ultra-rare which is his defining trait as a leader of the crew.
Would he be number one in Naruto Verse?
Now, let’s say that, by some accident, Luffy ends up in the Naruto world.
The first thing he would do is find some meat. Heh. But all jokes aside, he should find some contestants worthy of giving him a good fight.
The rest of the ninjas don’t count. They’d be fodder for Luffy. But amongst the strongest, there will be the Five Kage (Hokages of Different Lands e.g. Konohagakure, Iwagakure etc.)
On the villain’s side, I’d say that apart from the Akatsuki, none are really worth comparing. Except for of course, the followers of Kaguya Otsutsuki.
I won’t mention all of the Shinobi here on the list of course since almost everyone will be after him.
To kick things off, we’ll start off with our regular heroes, citizens of the Shinobi world.
Those who have read the manga of Naruto will know that only specific people will be able to fight Luffy since they’re pretty advanced in Chakra Manipulation and Jutsu formation as well.
Right, so from the Ninja world, the team members will be:
- The Five Kage (Tsunade, A, Mei Terumi, Gaara and Onoki)
- Jiraiya in his Sage Mode
- Kakashi Hatake
- The Four Edo-Tensei Hokage (Hashirama, Tobirama, Sarutobi and Minato)
- Might Guy (Eigth Gate Form)
As for the villain’s team, we’ll have:
- Itachi Uchiha (Edo Tensei)
- Nagato (Edo Tensei)
- All Akatsuki members and Six Paths of Pain
- Obito Uchiha in his Jubi jinchuriki form
- Madara Uchiha in his Jubi jinshuriki form
Now, here is something to clarify, the power scaling gap between characters is not that high, meaning that they are powerful enough to give Luffy a tough time.
Who will Gear 5 Luffy Struggle to beat?
Here’s the thing, Luffy is already a high-powered character and a lot of people can’t reach his level.
Plus, he has the advantage of “Conqueror’s Haki” as well, so there’ll be no “scale regulation” here. Everyone can unleash their skills to their full extent.
Once Luffy has used his Haki to eliminate the unnecessary opponents in his way, then he’ll turn his attention to the strongest ninjas. They may give Luffy a tough time but they won’t bring him down that easily.
- All of these ninjas are fast and they can reach Massive Hypersonic speed but Luffy’s a speedy guy so he’ll eventually find a way to outsmart them.
- All of the ninjas have the advantage of possibly generating Sea Water Jutsu which is the weakness of all Devil Fruit users. Luffy adapts with every battle and he’ll think fast to dodge those attacks.
- Kakashi with his Kamui and Susanoo is amongst the few who can properly damage Luffy in his Gear 5 form along with the Four Edo Tensei Hokages with their respective abilities but Luffy has strong willpower and he’ll overpower them with the combination of all 3 Haki.
- Let’s not forget Might Guy in his strongest form, he almost killed Jubi Jinchuuriki Madara. He can deliver similar devastating damage to Luffy at the cost of his own life.
His Bajrang Gun is the size of a large island and they’ll be obliterated by it. Luffy may be tired and searching for meat but he encounters the team of rogues.
I’m pretty sure you all must be thinking at this point how Luffy in his Gear 5 form will defeat the rogues?
Same methods as above! But the villains will give an even tougher time to Luffy.
Their genjutsu may be more effective, but their ninjutsu would not be enough to overwhelm him.
Like before, Luffy has to use all three of his Haki in combination with Gear 5 to bring them down.
- Since Itachi is the master of Genjutsu, he would try to entrap Luffy in an illusion but Luffy would emerge from it pretty easily.
- Nagato and his Six Paths of Pain would give him a tougher time too considering he uses Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei but his Gear 5 attacks would be enough to stop and counter them. The same would be said for all of the Akatsuki members.
- Obito is one of the only few people who would give the honor of a proper fight to Luffy. His IQ and Battle Tactics would be his saving grace from the battle.
- Madara, however, is a completely different story. He would absolutely destroy Luffy after Luffy has defeated the rest of his fellow Ninjas even after rest!
How will he fare against Naruto and Sasuke?
The titular hero and the deuteragonist of the story are considered legendary characters in the series. Why do you think is that ?
- They defeated Kaguya Otsutsuki (The Goddess of the Ninja World and the Progenitor of the Chakra) in her powerful form!
- They were trained by the members of The Legendary Sanin themselves!
- They are faster than almost every character in the Naruto verse
- Once they fight each other, both of them are at a constant stalemate with catastrophic after-effects!
I could go on and on about how strong they are. That’s why I’wrote on it to see how Gear 5 Luffy would do against them as the final bosses!
In conclusion, Luffy could beat almost every character in the Naruto verse with a few notable exceptions like the God-Tier characters.