Now we all loved to see the return of Sabo in the Dressrosa arc and it was symbolic for him to eat Ace’s Flare Flare fruit, but let’s be honest with ourselves and assume if Sabo did not return in the Dressrosa arc and Luffy had won the Flare Flare fruit in the tournament. Who would be the best bet for the Flare Flare fruit? Looking at the straw hats the safest and most logical bet would be Sanji of course!
In this article, we will be discussing the What IF scenario where instead of Sabo it was Sanji who ate the Flare Flare fruit and we will be going through whether it would be a good thing for Sanji or a bad thing.
My journey with One Piece started way back in 2008 and it has been with me ever since. I love writing and have been doing so for over 3 years now, the reason I am writing on One Piece is to achieve my goal which is to give this already unique and wonderful series more exposure and help people discover this anime.
Sanji eating the Flare Flare fruit
Let’s first assume why Sanji would need to eat the Flare Flare fruit, he is considered one of the monster-trios of the straw hats with Luffy and Zoro, and while Luffy and Zoro are already so strong, Sanji sometimes falls off in terms of strength and is seen to struggle against some of his opponents. The Flare Flare fruit along with the Germa Raid suit would make Sanji incredibly powerful, and worthy of being called one of the members of the monster trio.
Benefits of eating the Flare Flare fruit for Sanji
Below I am going to mention some of the benefits that Sanji would have if he had eaten Ace’s Devil fruit
- Sanji already uses flame-based attacks, eating the Flare Flare fruit would boost his attacks giving him more destructive capabilities and allowing him to deal an immense amount of damage
- Sanji using Armament Haki along with the Flare Flare fruit would be devastating for his opponents because not only would they be getting hit by Haki, but also the destructive capabilities of the Flare Flare fruit as well.
- Eating the Flare Flare fruit would allow Sanji to be more durable in fights, something which is shown that he is quite weak at.
The disadvantages of eating the Flare Flare fruit for Sanji
Now that we looked at the advantages, let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages of eating the Flare Flare fruit as well.
- A pretty obvious weakness after eating the Flare Flare fruit would not only be not able to swim but also the sea prison stones used specifically by the marines.
- One of the major reasons why I think it would be bad for Sanji to eat the Flare Flare fruit or any devil fruit is because of his dream to find the All-Blue, he would lose his ability to swim in the sea which I think he would not trade for anything.